We invite students of Charles University Prague to participate in the integration course Welcome to the Czech Republic.
During the course you will receive the following information for free of charge:
- Residence legislation: Visas, long-term residence permit, permanent residence permit, citizenship. Terms, conditions and fees. Biometrics. Travel in EU/Schengen area. Invitation to family and friends. Family reunification. Conditions for study.
- Employment: Employee card. Types of work contracts. How to look for a job. Taxes. Health and social insurance. Students and employment. Risks and protection of employees.
- Healthcare system in the Czech Republic. Public and private health insurance. Social security system in the Czech Republic.
- Housing: Renting a flat. Searching for flat. Housing contracts. Fees related to rental and services. Housing and residence legislation.
- Everyday practical life: Emergencies. Transportation. Driving license. Post office. Official correspondence etc.
- About the Czech Republic: Czech public holidays. Customs and traditions. Basic cultural overview. Interesting sights and leisure time activities.
- Important contacts: Ministry of the Interior, Foreign Police Service. Integration centres and non-profit non-governmental organizations providing free of charge services to foreigners.
The course is free of charge, however registration is necessary.