Content of the course.
The aim of the adaptation-integration course is to introduce participants to their rights and obligations related to their stay in the Czech Republic. The course also helps with getting familiar with local and cultural aspects and it provides a warning against negative elements.
During the 4-hour course, the tutor and interpreter talk about several crucial topics and areas; these are:
- Basic information about the Czech Republic and location where the course takes place; services offered to foreigners by integration centres and non-profit organizations
- Residence legislation; rights and duties of foreigners, purpose of stay, extensions of residence permits, notifications of changes, basic contacts; this section of the course intends to help foreigners meet their obligations and prevent the most common mistakes
- Education; Czech language courses, educational opportunities for children and adults, nostrification, retraining courses
- Employment; types of employment relationships, work contract, free and restricted access to the labour market, rights and protection of employees
- Business; options of conducting business in the Czech Republic, basic information about establishing a business
- Leisure in the Czech Republic; public holidays, transport, post, cultural tips
- Healthcare; doctors, urgent and preventive healthcare, emergency rooms, emergency service, insurance types
- Housing; Department for Asylum and Migration Policy and your obligations, service charges, housing contracts
- Basic intercultural information about the Czech Republic; local customs and tradition, rules, behaviour, etc. (this topic is addressed in a form of a short film which is screened during the course)
Participants will receive contact details of important institutions in the area where they live and most importantly, contact details of integration centres and non-profit organizations providing quality and free assistance.
The course is informative; it doesn’t provide individual counselling – due to limited time, it is not possible to address specific questions of individual participants. However, all participants will receive contact details of places where they can get counselling and ask their questions.