Who is obliged to take it?
WHO MUST TAKE THIS COURSE?
The integration course is compulsory for every holder of:
- a long-term residency permit
- a long-term residency permit due to a change in the purpose of residency
- a long-term residency permit for humanitarian reasons, especially if the foreign national is the spouse of an asylum holder and the marriage date precedes the arrival date of the asylum holder in the Czech Republic, a minor or a dependent child of an asylum holder, unless the child is an asylum seeker, or a foreign national who used to be a Czech citizen in the past
- a permanent residency permit due to reasons of special consideration
- a permanent residency permit if such residency is beneficial for the Czech Republic
- a permanent residency permit for a child of a foreign national who is a holder of a permanent residency permit, if the application was made for the purpose of family reunification in the Czech Republic
- a permanent residency permit after the previous permanent residency permit issued to the same foreign national was revoked due to a continuous six-years’ absence in the Czech Republic or continuous twelve-months’ absence in the European Union
- permanent residency permit after four years of continuous residency in the Czech Republic if the foreign national has completed the international protection procedure.
All of the above issued after 1 January 2021.
THE DUTY TO TAKE THE INTEGRATION COURSE DOES NOT APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING CASES:
The duty to take the integration course does not apply to EU nationals and their family members and family members of Czech citizens.
- It also does not apply to holders of the following type of Czech residency permits:
- a long-term residency permit for the purpose of studies
- a long-term residency permit for the purpose of protection
- a long-term residency permit for the purpose of investment
- a long-term residency permit issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
- an Intra-Company Employee Transfer Card
- an Intra-Company Employee Transfer Card of another EU member state
The compulsory integration course also does not apply to foreign nationals younger than 15 or older than 61 at the time of the final decision on the residency permit.
Also those foreign nationals who took the integration course after 1 January 2021 do not need to take it again.
Holders of Employee Cards and Blue Cards issued under the government programs “Highly Skilled Employee” and “Key and Scientific Personnel”.